The intensive training course “Accreditation Standards – Temos Excellence in Medical Tourism (GAHAR Edition)” is offered by the Institute of Professional Development and Continuing Education of Badr University in Cairo and Temos Academy. It is a unique program that brings together the core concepts of Medical Tourism and Egypt's Strategic Vision 2030 “Egypt as a Medical Tourism Hub”. The intensive training course will be launched in January 2023.
The course was developed for students who aim for employment in a variety of organizations in the field of medical tourism, including leading private and government hospitals, travel companies, quality assurance departments, and other related organizations. The course equips the students, medical professionals with knowledge on Temos Accreditation Standards for Medical Tourism and international patient management.
- Introduction “Medical Tourism”
- International Patient Management (IPM)
- Medical Services (MSE)
- Diagnostic, Laboratory, and Imaging Services (DLIS)
- Billing and Accounting on International Level (BAI)
- Documentation, Discharge and Follow-up (DDF)
- Governance, Management and Leadership (GML)
- Legal Aspects in International Patient Management (LAIP)
- Outcome, Effectiveness and Quality Improvement (OEI)
- Ethical Aspects in International Patient Management (EAIP)
- Sustainability in Healthcare Settings (SHS)
- International Patient Safety Goals (IPSG)
- Infection Control, Hygiene and Prevention (ICHP)
- Facility Services, Infrastructure and Safety (FSIS)
- Support and Ancillary Services (SAS)
Intended learning outcomes
- Learn about Temos International Healthcare Accreditation system and related standards for the “Excellence in Medical Tourism – GAHAR”
- Have a practical understanding of International Patient Management
- Understand the two steps accreditation program for Medical Tourism in Egypt offered by GAHAR and Temos International
- Understand the importance and benefits of accredited hospitals in Medical Tourism
- Learn about legal, ethical & cultural issues involved in Medical Tourism
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the Medical Travel Care Continuum
- Learn about the unique needs and expectations of medical travelers
- Acquire the essential skills required to work in the medical tourism industry
Dates and mode of delivery:
The course will be delivered in a hybrid mode (onsite & online):
- Onsite training will take place at Institute of Professional Development and Continuing Education of Badr University in Cairo, Egypt.
- Online training will be organized by Temos Academy. Course participants are expected to have a stable internet connection to participate in the online sessions.
- Dates: due spring 2023. Please note that the dates given are estimated dates of launch and are subject to change.
Duration: 30 hours (onsite training – 10 hours, online training – 20 hours).
Language of instruction: English
Learning materials: available
Verified Certificate: available upon request
Dr. Claudia Mika
CEO & Founder of Temos International GmbH (Germany)
Dr. Rainer Hilgenfeld
Expert in International Accreditation, Temos Certified Assessor (Germany)
Dr. Asaad M. Riad
Temos Certified Assessor, Temos Regional Office Director for Egypt (Egypt)
Dr. Hashem Al-Fadel Regional
Temos Senior Assessor, Temos Regional Office Director for Jordan, KSA, Lebanon, Kuwait, and Bahrain (Jordan)
Upon successful completion of this course, participants/successful candidates will be awarded certificates with a possibility to get it verified via Temos Academy website at additional cost. A verified certificate from Temos Academy can provide proof for an employer, university, or other institution that they have successfully completed the online course. Verified certificates can be shared with others securely through a dedicated link Temos Academy will provide.
For further enquiries regarding to the event/registration, please contact:
Badr University in Cairo
Institute of Professional Development and Continuing Education
Contact person: Dr. Ibtisam Mounir